Friday 4 July 2008

Plastic Bags

Just a quick post this week with a slightly more serious tone to last weeks blog where Tom and Brad posted highly inaccurate photos of how my holiday panned out...

Something I noticed during our last visit to Germany was that plastic bags have been banned from a number of supermarkets.

I have always tried to recycle my plastic bags and I usually decline the offer of a plastic bag when spending money in shops....especially if its for something like chewing gum or hay fever tablets!

In fact, those who know me personally, will know that when I'm out and about I'll carry a ridiculous carpet bag that looks like its been stolen from the set of Mary Poppins....this is of course to place things I've bought in!

So any ways, since coming back from Germany, I have felt the need to spread the word about the impact plastic bags have on the environment.

So the first thing I did was join this facebook group -


I'm not sure if the petition would actually do much in terms of reaching the government, however, by showing all my friends the group, I'm hoping word will spread.

So, even if you don't use facebook, and even if you don't want to become a member of that facebook group, please do click on for 5 mins, have a read of the facts and figures.

Have a good weekend

James

x

No comments: