Friday 9 May 2008

Hannah's Web Finds

I'm a bit of an internet junky...not so big on the social network side of things, but more into researching the latest gadgets and buying things on ebay - yes I'm a bit geeky.

So, I'm going to share with you what I've been doing in the last half hour - yes I'm bored.

The gadget…


I’ve recently realised that reading is actually quite fun.

Being in a band means that 90% of the time (whilst on tour) we’re waiting around, stuffing ourselves with food or just simply travelling in the van for 9 hours. So….this is why I find myself reading; to pass the time.

This gadget is quite perfect for me - it's amazons’ new reading device…

From what I understand - you buy your books online and download them onto the device (just like itunes for ipods). It holds 2G, I’m not too sure how many books you can store with that, but you can download newspapers, it has a backlight, you can write notes on it and there’s a dictionary too. It even has a built in MP3 player....so I can listen to the 'Harry Potter Audio Books' at the same time as reading them...or better still listen to the 'Prisoner of Azkaban' whilst
reading 'The Chamber Of Secrets'!!!

If you have one of these, please let me know - I would love to hear your thoughts!

Click the pic for more info…



The wedding dress…

I’m getting married in April 09, so I was doing a bit of wedding dress research. And this is what I found!



A wedding dress made from toilet paper!

(I wanted to include a pun about sh*tting myself on the day, but its not very lady like to do so...)

The website....

Found the most amazing website.

It brought back childhood memories of me sitting in front of the TV from 3:30pm - 6:30pm with a microwavable lasagne.

The website has a list of tv programmes we all used to watch when we were younger. Its really funny to see names of programmes you’ve forgotten about....like 'Pepper Ann' (see below) and 'Action League NOW!'

Heres the link… http://www.retrojunk.com/
(Click on “Tv shows” on the left and choose your era.)




Have a great weekend :)

Han xxx

No comments: