Friday 1 August 2008

Phil Collins

Hello everyone! Tour manager – Steve here.

So basically, we’ve decided that it would be a nice idea for me to share with you, an insight in to the current tour as an ‘outsider’. This is my second tour with WK and both (so far…) have been great.

This is me writing the blog…

…and this is me with a mouse that has a Koi fish in it…

I’m writing to you from the ‘Corbin Feng Shui Business – hotel’ in Freising, which I’ve been informed (by an unreliable source) is the only Feng Shui hotel in Germany.

We’ve just come back from a festival where the ‘Kids played in front of about 2,500 people. The atmosphere was electrifying and the weather was extremely damp.

On both tours I’ve enjoyed many things, nothing more though than killing time playing Mario Kart. You’ll find us in the van having a few games against each other all getting annoyed at the fact that Tom is stupidly good at it and will probably win no matter what, however, it truly is the game of kings.

Here are James and Tom enjoying a sneaky bit of MK in the hotel whilst I take a relaxing break with the Zen garden, how tranquil -

Last night we were in Heidleberg where the ‘Kids were pencilled in to perform a DJ set.

This is Chris and I purely and simply giving the punters a reason to dance -

I can safely say that we all managed to get too carried away with last nights festivities and so, this led to us all feeling a little worse for wear this morning. I wont add anymore than that...

Tomorrow we set off for Switzerland, the home of Swiss army knives, Swatch watches and Phil Collins. I cannot wait!

Ok that’s it from me, just have to say quickly that WK are going in to the studio next week to record with Ken Nelson which is rather exciting, hopefully that all goes well.

Stay safe everyone. Big love, Steve x


P.S - Whilst writing this blog, I've had to endure endless drivel coming out the mouths of Tom, James and Brad whilst they sit next to me playing Mario Kart...so for the next 3 minutes im going to type everything they say...

James – “Do you think the MK Dons got their name from playing excessive amounts of Mario Kart...and not from the fact that they are from Milton Keynes...?!”

Brad – “Princess just took my box…”

Tom – “Have you finished the blog yet Steve?”

James – “Me and B-boy are ruling the roost”

Brad – “Yoshi can eat it!”

Me (thinking to myself) – “This is probably a lot funnier outloud than it is on here…”

Brad – “Yoshi”

James – “Brad you’ve always got a love/hate relationship with Yoshi."

“If you could make love to any Mario Kart character who would it be?”

Brad – “Theres only 2 really…Princess and Mario”

Me - "Genius"

No comments: